You have decided to leave everything in your life behind. Friends. Family. Job. House. Everything you have ever known including YOUR CELL PHONE PLAN. However, you don’t have to. If you have Google Project Fi you can take it with you!
What is Google Project Fi?
A wireless service that has NO CONTRACT.
Benefits of Google Fi
- Works in over 135+ countries
- Free Wifi calling(at least here in South Korea)
- Unlimited texts(
- Unlimited calls(while inUSA)
- Data is $10 per gig
- Sign up for 1 gig and you use .5 gig
- = $5 credit on next month’s bill
- Sign up for 3 gigs and use 3.2 gigs
- =pay for the $2 extra you used – no fees on top
- So far I have had perfect coverage and fast data everywhere I have gone
- Minus really remote areas like mountains when snowboarding/hiking.(wouldn’t of had service with my old carriers either)
Downside to Project Fi
- Not connected to WiFi – Calls have a cost per minute while outside the United States
- differs per country but South Korea is .20 cents a minute
- Data could get pricey if you are constantly streaming audio/video.
- Solution: download your media when you are on wifi
- May have issues texting Korean numbers. However, almost everyone uses a KakaoTalk(messaging service)
I will add more benefits and downsides as my year with Project Fi continues.
So far I am in my 4th month with the service.
1st-month bill – $35.28
2nd-month bill – $31.38
3rd-month bill – $26.73
Last year I had a Korean phone number and paid between $40-50
$20.00 Fi Basics – Calls, texts, 24/7 support
$10.00 1 GB Data
$5.28 taxes & regulatory fees
Purchase a Google phone and sign up for Google Project Fi
Referral Code: 40D4M9
Please use my referral link or code to sign up. You get $20 off after 30 days, I get $20, and Google gets a new customer. We all win.